Thursday, December 04, 2003

Dear Readers,

I "won" my workers comp case.

"Won" is in parentheses because I am apparently not to get too excited about it. The other side -- the insurance company -- will appeal. And the judge's opinion has to be confirmed by his review board. Therefore, I've been told I must wait about 30 days before getting excited or celebratory.

The trial was a harrowing experience. To their credit, my ex-supervisor and ex-personnel director. who were required to give their testimonies, were absolutely on the level. However, the lawyer for the insurance company was truly the incarnation of evil. Afterwards, I was sorely tempted to go up to her, look her in the eye, and ask her if she was indeed human.

How can people do jobs like that? How can she live with herself?

No comments: